Samuel Amess Drive, Newhaven, Victoria
Description : Churchill Island is a small island with historic buildings, lovely gardens and walking tracks. The Churchill Island Loop walk is an easy stroll around the island. There is also a shorter walk known as the North Point Loop. The walking tracks on Churchill Island are also suitable for bicycles. There is no charge to access the walking tracks or the café but please note there is an admission charge to view the historic homesteads and gardens on the island.
Location and Entrance: Churchill Island is reached by a bridge from Phillip Island (near Newhaven). The turn-off to Churchill Island from Phillip Island Road is well signed.
Length and approximate time to complete:
- Churchill Island loop: 5km / 1½ hours walking
- North Point loop: 2.5km / 45 minutes walking
- Difficulty - Moderate with a mix of boardwalks and compacted granitic sand
- Toilets - Churchill Island Visitor Centre
- Designated Accessible Toilets - Yes
- Parking - Churchill Island Visitor Centre sealed car park
- Designated Accessible Parking -Yes
- Wheelchairs - Suitable
- Prams -Yes
- Bicycles - Yes, dirt gravel terrain
- Dogs - No
- Picnic table/BBQ - Picnic table only