South Gippsland Highway, Leongatha, Victoria
Description: Walk, cycle or ride 70 kilometres on The Great Southern Rail Trail. It is suitable for both the energetic and not so energetic outdoor enthusiast. The terrain is gentle and accessible for wheelchairs in certain sections. The trail is mostly flat or gently undulating with moderate gradients between Fish Creek and Foster. The trail runs through a number of small country towns as well as past some of South Gippsland’s beautiful farm land, rural views and temperate rainforest, with blue water views to the peaks of The Prom.
Location: From Leongatha, the trail goes through Koonwarra, Meeniyan, Stony Creek, Buffalo, Fish Creek, Foster, Toora, Welshpool and Port Welshpool, offering rural and bush views along the way.
Length and approximate time to complete:
- Distance 70km one way / Various distances and trails
- For further information on trails click here
- Difficulty - Easy/Medium
- Surface - The track is not well defined with beach sand, rock, clay, slippery surfaces, and cliff edges
- Toilets - Yes
- Parking - Yes
- Wheelchairs - This trail has wheelchair access.
- Prams - The terrain is gentle and accessible for prams
- Bicycles - Yes
- Dogs - Yes, must be on a lead