91-97 Thompson Ave, Cowes, Vic
Join us on this one day guided bus tour as we drive along the Bunurong Marine Coastal Park, visit historic sites and hear tales from our guest speakers about the mystique of the area – of dinosaurs, hidden gold treasures and Inverloch's early life as a port town and later as a seaside resort.
- Drive along the scenic Bunurong Coastal Marine Park with commentary from our guides
- Step inside the Rocket Shed at Inverloch and hear about shipwrecks & Inverloch's early history as a Port town from our knowledgable guide.
- Engaging Guest speaker on Dinosaur and Fossil discoveries of the Bunurong Coast
- Lunch and Devonshire Tea at the Angling Club Hall. Photo display and tales of hidden treasure and Inverloch's days as a seaside holiday town.
- House Tours in Inverloch – visit homes which help tell Inverloch's story.
- Tour concludes at Cowes, drop offs at Wonthaggi & Anderson.
Lunch included, please notify us of any dietary requirements on booking.
8.45am - in Church St Cowes behind the Cultural Centre (Parking might not be possible in the carpark depending on how the Transit Centre works are progressing so allow plenty of time)
Pick ups at:
9.20am- Anderson Transit Centre
9.40am- Wonthaggi Museum, Murray St Wonthaggi
All bookings made through Inverloch, Phillip Island and Cowes Visitor Information Centres. Drop in, call or book online.
• Accessibility issues: Mobility necessary to climb bus steps and to walk round historic sites and houses. Not suitable for people requiring a walking frame or wheelchair.
• Not suitable for children.
Since 1956 the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) has been actively working towards conserving and protecting our heritage for future generations to enjoy.
The National Trust is an independent non-profit organisation, supported by a large community base, not part of government.
It is the premier heritage and conservation organisation in the state, and the major operator of house museums and historic properties open to the public.
National Trust manage events and festivals each year to educate and highlight the conservation of our heritage and enable everyone to explore and enjoy our heritage gardens, buildings and much more.