Forrest Road, Newhaven
Description: Newhaven Beach is popular for fishermen, boating, sailing, beach walks and swimming. There are several small sandy bays at the base of the rocky cliffs along Forrest Avenue where you can also find picnic spots to enjoy views of Western Port Bay and San Remo. Swimming is best during high tide as mudflats appear during low tide, there is also a strong tidal current running parallel to beach. Newhaven is home to a yacht club, boat ramp and large jetty which is a popular fishing spot. For beach conditions and safety click here.
- A popular beach for swimming, boating, sailing, fishing and beach walks
- Amenities – Toilets are located at Graydens Reserve and Newhaven Jetty (including a designated accessible toilet)
- Parking - Gravel and sealed carparks
- Food – Newhaven shops offer a bakery and supermarket.
- Access - Cliff beaches are accessed via stairs, Jetty are is suitable for wheelchairs
- This beach has strong rips and currents and is not patrolled by Life Savers
- For more information visit www.lifesavingvictoria.com.au
- Rock fishermen are advised to exercise extreme caution. Download the rock fishing safety brochure (multiple languages)
- For multilingual information on rips and beach safety visit https://beachsafe.org.au/surf-safety/multilingual