Marine Parade, San Remo, Victoria 3925
San Remo Front Beach- A north facing 200 m beach running from the pier towards the start of the bridge. The beach is backed by a grassy foreshore reserve and good picnic facilities. Ocean swell does not usually reach the beach, with only small wind waves lapping at the narrow, steep beach face. Caution must be taken when swimming or bathing next to the pier as strong currents are frequent. For beach conditions and safety click here.
San Remo Back Beach- A 500 m long beach that faces south-west overlooking the channel and across to Phillip Island. Tucked away at the back of San Remo, this beautiful bay beach is a relatively low wave bay, providing a nice bathing beach and scenic views, however strong tidal currents can occur. On high tide the beach can get deep quickly and the beach can often be awash. An ideal beach for stand up paddle boarding, sunbathing and wind surfing. This beach is not patrolled. For beach conditions and safety click here.
- Popular beaches for bathers, stand up paddle boarding, wind surfing, beach walkers and fishermen
- Amenities – Toilets (including a designated accessible toilet) at Lions Park and San Remo Foreshore
- Parking – Sealed car park (Davis Point Road) , gravel car parking (end of Back Beach Road) and sealed car parking on Marine Parade, San Remo
- Food - There are many local food stores nearby in the main street of San Remo providing hot and cold food, drinks and coffee
- Access - Via stairs, not suitable for wheelchairs
- These beaches can have strong rips and currents and are not patrolled by Lifesavers
- For more information visit www.lifesavingvictoria.com.au
- Rock fishermen are advised to exercise extreme caution. Download the rock fishing safety brochure (multiple languages)
- For multilingual information on rips and beach safety visit https://beachsafe.org.au/surf-safety/multilingual
Photo Credit: Location- Phillip Island and surrounds