Phillip Island Road, Newhaven, Phillip Island
Description: The reserve is well known for it's birdlife and provides habitat for six species of threatened birds, endangered grasslands and vegetation. The boardwalk takes you through native grassland and wetlands planted with indigenous plants. There are two picnic shelters and seats. A viewing platform overlooks the Churchill Island Marine National Park and the Ramsar wetland.
Location and Entrance: The Reserve is sited along the Phillip Island Road (in between Newhaven and Surf Beach Estate) and is easily accessed by car or bike via the shared pathway across the Island from Newhaven to Cowes.
Length and approximate time to complete:
- Length/Time – 1.5km of walking tracks and 195m of boardwalks / time to complete - Various
- Difficulty - Easy
- Surface - Fine gravel and boardwalks
- Parking - car park (gravel)
- Designated Accessible Parking - No
- Toilets - No
- Wheelchairs – Unsuitable
- Prams - Yes
- Bicycles - Yes
- Dogs - No dogs permitted on the foreshore reserve, however they are allowed on a leash in other areas
- Picnic table/BBQ - Picnic table only