Luminous Galleries in Corinella
Luminous Galleries are unique to the five waterline towns within Bass Coast displaying clusters of permanent LED ground lights that have been installed in the waterside parks as a canvas onto which artists and the community can construct temporary artworks to make ever-changing night-time galleries.
The Luminous Galleries in Corinella will exhibit five different light exhibitions from Saturday the 7th of April 2018 to Sunday the 26th August 2018 every night from sunset to midnight. The exhibition themes, contributors and dates in Corinella are the following:
Luminous Galleries Launch with Sticks and Stars, Creatures and Charts by Bass Valley Primary School with Jordan Crugnale
- Saturday 7 April 2018 - click here for more information
- A special celebration including a smoking ceremony by a Bunurong community Elder, performances by Bass Valley students and Kutcha Edwards, and more!
Net by Lisa Burrell
- Saturday 5 May 2018 to Sunday 27 May 2018
- You are a fish, an illuminated net surrounds you. Are you caught or are you cocooned?
Pink is the Link by Lyndell Parker
- Saturday 2 June 2018 to Saturday 24 June 2018
- Cheeky inhabitants bring colour and connectivity to our Waterline towns.
Armistice Contradiction by Wayne Maschette and friends
- Saturday 7 July 2018 to Saturday 29 July 2018
- The Armistice of 1918 was about peace forever more. There have been so many wars since.
Your Title by You
- Saturday 4 August 2018 to Saturday 26 August 2018
- Now it's your turn to invent an idea. Close the 2018 Luminous Gallery program with an idea of your own. Get in touch to register your interest by clicking here.
There is wheelchair access to all Luminous Galleries. Exhibition titles and artists may change for reasons beyond our control.
When: Saturday 7 April 2018 to Sunday the 26th of August 2018
Where: Corinella Foreshore Reserve
Time: Sunset to Midnight every night
Bookings: No bookings are necessary.