Luminous Galleries in Coronet Bay
Luminous Galleries are unique to the five waterline towns within Bass Coast displaying clusters of permanent LED ground lights that have been installed in the waterside parks as a canvas onto which artists and the community can construct temporary artworks to make ever-changing night-time galleries.
The Luminous Galleries in Coronet Bay will exhibit five different light exhibitions from Saturday the 7th of April 2018 to Sunday the 26th August 2018 every night from sunset to midnight. The exhibition themes, contributors and dates in Coronet Bay are the following:
We're This by Joanne, Heba, Ann, Di, Rosi, Barry, Clive, Claudae, Jeannie and friends
- Saturday 7 April 2018 - Sunday 29 April 2018
- Facing the bay
- Our mannequins stand
- Their dresses created
- By so many hands
- Coronet Bay sculptures
- Radiating at night
- Sitting on top
- Of twinkling lights
Fleeting Fish by The Corinella Men's Shed
- Saturday 5 May 2018 to Sunday 27 May 2018
- A special response to the water we share, collectively crafted by the experienced hands of the men in the shed.
Driftwood by Adam Magenniss
- Saturday 2 June 2018 to Saturday 30 June 2018
- Bunurong artist Adam Magennis, works with found materials washed up onto the shores of the Waterline to build hands that reach from the ground to the sky
Waterline Family Exhibition
- Saturday 7 July 2018 to Saturday 29 July 2018
- The child winners of the Bass Valley Primary School competition have drawn on the help of their families to create this surprise set of sculptures.
Your Title by You
- Saturday 4 August 2018 to Saturday 26 August 2018
- Now its your turn to invent an idea. Close the 2018 Luminous Gallery program with an idea of your own. Get in touch to register your interest by clicking here.
There is wheelchair access to all Luminous Galleries. Exhibition titles and artists may change for reasons beyond our control.
When: Saturday 7 April 2018 to Sunday the 26th of August 2018
Where: Coronet Bay Foreshore
Time: Sunset to Midnight every night
Bookings: No bookings are necessary.