Luminous Galleries in Grantville
Luminous Galleries are unique to the five waterline towns within Bass Coast displaying clusters of permanent LED ground lights that have been installed in the waterside parks as a canvas onto which artists and the community can construct temporary artworks to make ever-changing night-time galleries.
The Luminous Galleries in Grantville will exhibit five different light exhibitions from Saturday the 7th of April 2018 to Sunday the 26th August 2018 every night from sunset to midnight. The exhibition themes, contributors and dates in Grantville are the following:
Liquid Software by Rina Ori and family
- Saturday 7 April 2018 - Sunday 29 April 2018
- Molecular movement, encoding, enfolding. Water is life.
Box Gallery by Residents of Grantville
- Saturday 5 May 2018 to Sunday 27 May 2018
- A new assembly of beautiful boxes by Andreas Diesner to celebrate the Box Gallery which was originally created by residents and children at Luminous Streets last year.
MUR-RAN-BIIK SHIELDS by Steve Parker
- Saturday 2 June 2018 to Saturday 30 June 2018
- Surfboard forms are symbol of both the shields of the clans and the oceans of Westernport, each with its own journey map to take you to the Mur-ran-biik Waterline towns.
The Disappearing Tree of Life by The Team from Maru
- Saturday 7 July 2018 to Saturday 29 July 2018
- Our creative response to the endangered and extinct wildlife in our region.
Your Title by You
- Saturday 4 August 2018 to Saturday 26 August 2018
- Now it's your turn to invent an idea. Close the 2018 Luminous Gallery program with an idea of your own. Get in touch to register your interest by clicking here.
There is wheelchair access to all Luminous Galleries. Exhibition titles and artists may change for reasons beyond our control.
When: Saturday 7 April 2018 to Sunday the 26th of August 2018
Where: Grantville Foreshore
Time: Sunset to Midnight every night
Bookings: No bookings are necessary.