Luminous Galleries in Pioneer Bay
Luminous Galleries are unique to the five waterline towns within Bass Coast displaying clusters of permanent LED ground lights that have been installed in the waterside parks as a canvas onto which artists and the community can construct temporary artworks to make ever-changing night-time galleries.
The Luminous Galleries in Pioneer Bay will exhibit five different light exhibitions from Saturday the 7th of April 2018 to Sunday the 26th August 2018 every night from sunset to midnight. The exhibition themes, contributors and dates in Pioneer Bay are the following:
Wind, Water and Line by Ian Smith
- Saturday 7 April 2018 - Sunday 29 April 2018
- Making a dry country fertile. Letting a small town flow.
From One Bay to Another by Residents of Coronet Bay
- Saturday 5 May 2018 to Sunday 27 May 2018
- Luminous totem poles, created from recycled materials by Coronet Bay residents, will visit Pioneer Bay inspiring the reuse of things usually thrown away.
Innocent Imprints by Catherine Styles
- Saturday 2 June 2018 to Saturday 30 June 2018
- His small footprints in the sand know no bounds. The sky is the limit for my sweet boy.
Waterline Family Exhibition
- Saturday 7 July 2018 to Saturday 29 July 2018
- The child winners of the Bass Valley Primary School competition have drawn on the help of their families to create this surprise set of sculptures.
Your Title by You
- Saturday 4 August 2018 to Saturday 26 August 2018
- Now it's your turn to invent an idea. Close the 2018 Luminous Gallery program with an idea of your own. Get in touch to register your interest by clicking here.
There is wheelchair access to all Luminous Galleries. Exhibition titles and artists may change for reasons beyond our control.
When: Saturday 7 April 2018 to Sunday the 26th of August 2018
Where: Pioneer Bay Foreshore
Time: Sunset to Midnight every night
Bookings: No bookings are necessary.