Luminous Streets - celebration night and showcase week
Luminous Streets is a festival with a difference!
This is the first part of a 2 year Regional Arts Victoria project that is happening right now in the 5 Waterline towns of Pioneer Bay, Grantville, Tenby Point, Corinella and Coronet Bay.
When: Saturday 8 April 2017, 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Where: Grantville Pier to Grantville Recreation Reserve
- Children and community construct light based sculptures and installations using reclaimed plastics and self constructed light electrics
- Installations will be placed in trees, in the ground, and on existing structures, and will respond to the unique identity of each town
- Food stalls will be chosen with a progressive dinner in mind – soup in one town, sausages in another, home made pies, cake and ice cream and coffee
- Local musicians will play acoustically at each gallery
- Children will lead tours of their own town’s gallery
Free mini-buses decorated with playful lights will transport audiences between the towns, enabling people to meet each other en-route. Car-pooling is encouraged.
For more information please visit www.theedgeofus.com.au
Contact: Mary Sullivan